Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bio vs Mech: coLdrewbie vs acslayer

drewbie vs acslayer cast by  GLiTCHStarcraft

Some amusing chat at the beginning of the game, acslayer seems to know drewbies style of play pretty well, he also seems to metagame drewbie effectively.   Some of my comments and spoilers below the VOD.





It clearly seems that drewbie was being Metagamed, ie acslayer knew how drewbie tends to play, so he was able to prepare counters to drewbie before scouting.

In the in game chat acslayer mentions that he has watched drewbie stream  abit, at least in the Root days.

One critical thing drewbie could have done, was send medivac on clockwise flight path to scout that side of the map, that would have revealed the ninja (hidden) 3rd base his opponent had up early.

But dropping from that direction in addition to the counter clockwise drop path he used, would have forced acslayer to put up more defenses.

It would also have allowed for coordinated dual prong attacks.  Something drewbie is VERY good at, I wonder why he never did that in this game, I wonder if perhaps he hasn't had a good TvT practice partner lately?

His drops and marine micro were still looking as strong as ever, if acslayer hadn't gotten the econ boost from the hidden 3rd, drewbie's drops would have won the game IMO considering how much damage they did.

3 comments:

  1. Wow great game and I like your post-game analysis as well.

    I feel that Mech is a lot harder to macro from and I commend acslayer's ability to control space while teching (even up to 3/3 vehicle weapons).

    Did you watch game 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words!

    Yes I watched Game 2, but I have been pretty sick this last week, didn't have the energy/focus to do a good analysis of Game 2 by the time I was done with Game 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played against ascslayer and he's a very suspicious player. He just knows what you're doing without scouting.

    ReplyDelete