Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Learning Starcraft 2: Mech vs Protoss

LiquidHerO vs Dandelion cast by Duckvillelol

Back in State of the Game #59, Day9 suggested that Terran's had perhaps not experimented enough with Mech vs Protoss, I have blogged about this a few times, click SOTG 59, to see all my posts on that.

My comments with spoilers below the VOD.



There were some things I really didn't like about Hero's base layout in this game, I would have like to see the Cybernetics Core less exposed to drops or Banshee harass, and I didn't like the 3 Gates behind the Natural's mineral line.

There are things I do really like about Hero's base layout, I liked Templar tech placement & Robo placement in his Natural, I think Tech structures should always be as far from the enemy as practical, unless you want them to scout some tech, ie if your try to fake them out.

I also realized the reason for the 3 Gates in the Natural's mineral line were probably to hide the 4 Gate pressure Hero was doing in the early game.

That early 4 Gate attack did some serious damage, more to Terran's timing than to economy, but that was still important.

I would like to see some more Mech vs Protoss games from this Terran, I think the game would have been a lot different if he didn't suffer that damage from the early 4 Gate.

I do think Mech vs Protoss should use blue flame Hellion drops in addition to Banshee Harass, though I am still not sure if Mech vs Protoss is truly viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment