Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nerd News: Valve’s Gabe Newell

In case you missed Penny Arcade's interview of Gabe Newell, here is link, and teaser [Gabe Newell's response to a question]:

It’s not my job to track down or supervise everyone and make sure they’re doing the right thing. It’s more like I’m a resource here and I can be helpful at addressing a problem. It works surprisingly well, but it takes a while for people to get used to it. We’re optimized for people who are very experienced and have been working for a long time and don’t really need someone looking over their shoulder or second-guessing their decisions. 

Sounds like a really cool place to work, I am a fan of Valve, though I tend to think of them as Steam, cause I was buying games from Steam before I knew what Valve was, if your not clear on the difference take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation

Gabe Newell also mentions wearable computers and related hardware, something that I am interested in, since it seems to me the logical interface for smaller and smaller electronic devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment