Sunday, December 25, 2011

Nerd News: "Cupcake Deemed 'Security Threat,' Confiscated By TSA"?!?

From http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/30062442/detail.html
"Rebecca Hains says she was going through security at the airport in Las Vegas when a TSA agent pulled her aside and said the cupcake frosting was “gel-like” enough to constitute a security risk."

Somedays I can't tell real news from The Onion (News Parody site, Warning: some offensive material there).

We need a T Shirt that says "Bad Airline Passenger, No Cupcake!"

I mean seriously did the TSA person think it was a security issue or were they hungry?  How will we ever know?

Esports is an International sport, I don't understand issues like Seizure of some Team Sp00ky Stream gear by the department of homeland security, or  Totalbiscuit problems with Homeland Security/Customs, but I do know that these issues do have a negative impact.

Totalbiscuit can't come to the USA to see his wife and son, or to cast!  Team SpOOky lost some expensive gear & data.

Some Korean players have had Visa issues, just delays I think most of the time, and so were unable to compete in events here as well.

I am sure there are more events I have not heard about since I don't go looking for these stories, because they upset me.

I wonder if Soccer or Golf players and teams have these problems as well when they come here, or if it is more of a problem for Esports?

No comments:

Post a Comment