Monday, October 31, 2011

Prize money in Starcraft 2, must read thread from TL!

Got this from Apollo's tweet

Souce:  http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=281161

Snippet below is from  aTnClouD's post, click for whole story:
So for those who don't know me I've been a professional Starcraft 2 gamer for a year. Even if I didn't take any major tournament title I've been able to win a good amount of prize money; enough to have a reason for making this thread.
During this one year I noticed there's an huge issue many people are not aware of and I would like to bring it to public attention. The problem is very simple: when you win money on Starcraft 2 tournaments there's a good chance you will have to wait for several months to get it or, in worst case, you will not get it at all. This applies to big tournaments but also small weekly cups. Of course there are exceptions to this but so far my experience has been very negative and I'm still waiting for a sum of around 6000$.

No comments:

Post a Comment