Friday, October 14, 2011

2011 MLG Orlando Beta Streams, Weekend Pass, etc

I got a weekend pass for MLG Orlando.  First time for me, so I thought I would share my thoughts, I know for previous MLG's I was really on the fence about getting a pass.  Kept looking for reviews from people that had it, so here are my quick thoughts.  Post a question in comment section if you have one, you should be able to post as anonymous.

Overview:  High Quality setting is watchable but doesn't seem like HD, Ultra is better.  Ultra seems like it is 780 or close, worth the weekend pass fee IMHO.  I can run two streams at high or 1 at ultra and other at high with stuttering on the High.  [Edited, for my computer Ultra + anything else isn't stable with MLG's setup, it just crashed.  I don't have a REAL powerful computer but I can handle two 720 streams from Twitch or similar no problem.]


Beta Streams: I am likening the streams from the floor (the Beta Streams 1&2 or Silver and Black), watching Boxer vs Drewbie right now.

I am a lot more interested in  the floor play than many of the stage games.  Huk is was playing July, I respect both of those players, but Huk's play is really Micro/Control focused which isn't my favorite play style to watch.

NOTE:  Only two settings Medium or Ultra for the the Beta Streams!  Medium is same as free stream.

Cons/Feedback:  Some audio issues, but I was having that on the free stream also. Not a big deal to me because I frequently turn audio off on casts.  But I watch about 10 hours a day of VOD, Stream, & replays.


Conclusion:  So if your debating getting the weekend pass I would say it is worth the $10, specially if like me you want to see games of some of your favorite Players that won't be on the stage much, if at all.

Stream quality is significant improvement over free stream.

You can sign you by just clicking resolution button on free stream and selecting higher level  http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/starcraft_2

No comments:

Post a Comment