Saturday, February 18, 2012

PSA: BrailleTouch: Mobile Texting for the Visually Impaired

I saw this story on Ars, about "Mobile Texting for the Visually Impaired" you can read the paper (pdf) by Brian Frey, Caleb Southern, Mario Romero, from Georgia Institute of Technology link here.

Contact information for the authors of the paper:
  • School of Interactive Computing
    801 Atlantic Drive, Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
    {bfrey6, csouthern8, mario}@gatech.edu

I think this not only has communication applications for Visually Impaired, but that it also has potential for Visually Impaired people to game!  Or even work, but gaming is more important than work! ^_^

I know there have been some controllers made for consoles that are more user friendly to people with some disabilities.

I know there are many people with disabilities or health issues that are into gaming, including some pros in Starcraft 2.



1 comment:

  1. My initial exposure to the visually impaired community was on games, MUDs specifically. Although I'm not doing it now, there is a broad area to do work and I hope to do some more the future.

    ReplyDelete