Monday, February 20, 2012

PSA: Strong Passwords, prevent your Gaming Accounts from being Hacked.

Several friends of mine have had their gaming accounts hacked.

I have had my credit card info stolen, still don't know how or where it happened.

I was reminded of this topic, recently when JP McDaniel @itmeJP was hacked:
"Well shit. My XBL account got hacked and they bought $500 worth of points. That's annoying was just talking about this too, le sigh"

So I have been doing some more research on the topic.

I found this interesting site for strong passwords https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm
they also have information and freeware.

I am not a computer geek or IT Security expert, though I did check their site on McAfee, and it shows as green, with one Red download, the freeware "Leaktest", which I don't know if Leaktest is really malware or that is just the way McAfee classified it.

No comments:

Post a Comment