Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Starcraft 2 Skills: PvZ Defending 6 Pool

An elegant Six Pool Defense by WhiteRa, thank you WhiteRa for sharing your knowledge with us!

Note this Zerg player has seen this defense before, if you read comments at the end you will see that.  My comments and one picture for illustration are below the VOD. 




I don't have much to offer, WhiteRa is so good.

Only two points, one because I am not as good as WhiteRa I would be tempted to put a cannon behind the Proxy Gates and wall it in with the Pylons. Not sure that is good or bad idea, but would allow more room for error for lower skill players like myself.

Second point, this one I would like to talk to WhiteRa, Thundertoss, or Day9 about is the Pylon and Cannon placement for base defense.

WhiteRa blocks the hole in the mineral line that lings can run through with Pylon, then places the Cannon so that it will defend entire mineral line and Nexus when powered by that Pylon.

That forces a Mannered Cannon placement, which means it blocks his Probes from mining a little.

I think the placement in picture below is better, but I am not sure if blocking the mineral line hole is important because of GM level micro or some other factor I have not considered.

With the Pylon & Cannon placement illustrated below, the cannon doesn't block Probes, it will protect entire mineral line from lings, as well as the Nexus, and one Gas.  That is my standard Cannon placement for base defense vs Zerg, on some maps I will even put my first Pylon in that location, and put forge to wall/Sim City the Cannon.


Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment