Tuesday, May 15, 2012

PSA: "Avira Antivirus update cripples millions of Windows PCs"

ZDNet, computer security News/Blog site that I follow, had this very disturbing story about Avira!


http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/avira-antivirus-update-cripples-millions-of-windows-pcs/12129

I don't claim to be a Computer Security expert, but ever since my old XP machine got infested with malware after installing free AVG I have been very picky about what AV (AntiVirus) software I install.

I personally have had very good luck with Microsoft's free Security Essentials link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

That was recommend to me by two friends that are true professional Computer Geeks, I am sure there are probably better AV products out there that require purchase (not free).

But I suspect you would need to use products designed for Business/Corporate use to see a real significant benefit over Security Essentials or other good free AV software.

Stay Safe,

Cliff


No comments:

Post a Comment