Monday, January 30, 2012

Nerd News: Mrs. Violence gamertag hacked

I blog mainly RTS, but Kelly Kelley, aka Mrs. Violence, is one of the FPS pros I follow on twitter.

She had her gamertag hacked here is a snippet from http://www.analoghype.com/video-games/xbox-360-video-games/xbox-live-hackers-target-pro-gamers/ (click for full story):

How did Xbox try to help resolve the issue?
They claimed that due to the fact that someone hacked into my account, and actually stole money from me, I would have to wait at least 12 days for them to contact my bank and 100% guarantee my money back. I’m somewhat understanding about all of this, but the man says that there’s nothing he can do to get me my tag back until those 12 days were up. I even asked for something in return like a one month xbl Gold Card (which are free), and the man replied that there was nothing he could do in return. Now, even though the man knew exactly who I was in the gaming industry, I didn’t get any special treatment, knowing that this will effect my daily life of a pro gamer.

AFAIK nothing has been done about this yet.  I urge everyone to read the full story at AnalogHype and follow Mrs. Violence on Twitter for updates

More about the hacking in general http://www.analoghype.com/video-games/xbox-360-video-games/xbox-live-vulneribility-exposed-microsoft-ignored-the-truth/

No comments:

Post a Comment