Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nerd News: Theft Proof Credit/Debit Card!?!

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2012/01/the-credit-card-that-may-stop-or-at-least-hinder-on--and-offline-fraud.ars

Yes!  I want one!!

I had my Credit Card number stolen couple of months ago, my bank caught it right away but was still big PITA, since I don't use Credit much, I only have one Card. 

So I couldn't order anything till I got my new card.  I also like the fact that this should work for debit cards, lot of people don't realize this but your pretty safe if your Credit Card gets stolen.

Debit card though, and your SOL, you lose your money, and if your lucky you get some back.

I had a co workers some years ago, that had her purse stolen, from her part time job.  They cleaned out her account.  Really sad, she got around half the money back IIRC.

No comments:

Post a Comment