Thursday, January 31, 2013

iOS 6.1 Update & Problems

There are critical Security Patches in iOS 6.1, so I strongly recommend updating to it if your iOS device is supported.

See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5642 for more on the Security issues addressed.

There are a couple of problems being reported with iOS 6.1 for iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation (current late 2012 release Touch).
 
Some iPhone 5 owners are having problems with LTE after updating to iOS 6.1

See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5642 for more information and possible solution for LTE problems with iOS 6.1 on iPhone 5

Solution that seems to work for some people is to reset network settings "Settings-->General-->Reset-->Reset Network Settings"


5th Gen iPod Touch owners are reporting some problems with iOS 6.1,  they are getting "Unable to Verify Update" error message.

Claiming no net connection, even with good signal or even via cable PC/Mac for some people.

One possible solution or work around, as well as more details at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4751554?tstart=0

Possible solution, posted by oneGodguitarist, from link above:

"It took me a while but I finally got it to update.  I did a couple of things.  I reloaded itunes as "repair" just to make sure that nothing was missing.  The thing that really worked was that I tried connecting my device to another laptop with itunes.  It updated on there but to factory settings.  Then, I was able to go back to the main computer and reconnect and restore."



No comments:

Post a Comment