Friday, June 22, 2012

Nerrd Gear: 960 GB SSD

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDEX3G960/

2.5" Serial-ATA 9.5mm Solid State Drive not cheap at $1,269.99 but nearly a Terabyte SSD would be awesome in a high end laptop. 

 I have no use for one personally, I do plan to put a ~120ish GB SSD into my laptop eventually as only practical upgrade for it, since it is already maxed on RAM it will support.

But I have to say, the Nerd in me wants this 960 GB SSD!!!!

Though I don't know what I would really do with it, I don't have a big movie, music, or pic collection.

Books are what I have a lot of, I have a few thousand deadtree books, but have been going mainly ebooks since they really started becoming available.

Ebooks are better in most ways than deadtree books, and they take almost no space by modern data storage standards.

On a side note, if anyone has good recommendation(s) for non Fiction Ebook reader please post them below, I still buy some text books in deadtree format, because I find it easier and faster to find information in them than I do on Kindle, Blackberry, or Kindle for PC.

I do have one a buddy that is a computer geek, that uses iPad for PDF tech manuals & etc, but I have tried my gf's iPad for that and not really impressed, it is certainly better for diagrams and schematics, and I recommend iPad 3 for that kind of Ebook use, but for me I just want to be able to navigate quickly through a sea of text.

I often need to go to a chapter or section somewhere in the middle of textbook, and I can do that easier and faster with deadtree, I also often need several books all open at once, and that just seems to work better with deadtree.

Now Fiction I totally enjoy on Ebook reader, but then I read those from start to finish, I don't need to jump to page 372, unless there was some phrase or something I liked, in which case Kindle highlight works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment