Monday, March 25, 2013

Has Yahoo been hacked again? Lot of users getting "Suspicious activity was detected on your account"

Update 2/26/2013

Found this news story today, http://www.channel4.com/news/yahoos-email-system-hacked-by-criminal-spammers

So it does sound like Yahoo having problems with hackers, but they don't want to admit it?

Yahoo's Twitter https://twitter.com/YahooCare doesn't seem to contain any useful information (nothing you can't find in under a minute with basic Google search).

***
Lot of Yahoo email users are getting "Suspicious activity was detected on your account" message when they try to send email.

I have Yahoo accounts, as well as Google accounts, and I have been seeing that message for two days now.

Some related recent complaints:


Funny thing is when I tried to send a report to Yahoo again today, like I did yesterday, the report failed, couldn't be sent.  LOL

Pretty sure that isn't because of problems on my machine, I am fully patched, use a long random password, run AV, test router security, etc.


Makes me think either they have been hacked, again, or they have some significant bug somewhere in their software.



No comments:

Post a Comment